Monday, April 29, 2013

Concept Mapping

     I learned how to create a concept map by using the Inspiration software.  I learned how to 

create a visual representation of a certain lesson topic.  This helped me by organizing the 

information in a way that is easier to understand.  With designing the concept map I created 

text notes, subtopics, and web hyperlinks.  One of the problems I encountered was the creation 

of the web hyperlinks.  I got a little confused on how exactly to design them but I asked one of 

my peers for assistance.  Also I did not do the right amount of hyperlinks so I got counted off for 

that.
     
     I plan to use the Inspiration software in my classroom when I become a teacher.  I will have 

my students make a concept map with any assignment that could help them.  Concept maps 

are a very handy tool when it comes to writing a paper or even just organizing thoughts.  I plan 

to be an English teacher, and that requires having my students write papers.  Concept maps 

are always a helpful tool in regards to brainstorming when writing a paper. 
     
     The NETS-T standards this assignment met are facilitating and inspiring student learning 

and creativity, designing and developing digital age learning experiences and assessments, 

and modeling digital age work and learning.  Children are able to be creative by designing a 

concept map of their choice.  They can use color of their choice as well as different fonts and 

pictures.  Teachers are also able to assess children with the completion of their concept map.




                 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment