Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Web Tools


     By doing the web tools assignment, I learned how to create an online rubric, an online wordle, an online story, and an online track.  The online rubric assignment taught me how to create a rubric using free templates that are available online at rubistar.com.  Wordle was a fun activity that was basically a way that created a summary of my concept map.  Creating the online story using wordle was a neat way to be creative and design my own story.  The online track was a website that helped me create a list of websites to find more information on my concept map. 
     The only assignment I had trouble with was wordle.  I was trying to make some of the words bigger and some smaller.  I found that the bigger I wanted the word the more times I should write it, and the smaller I wanted the word the less times I should write it on the template.  All four of these assignments I will definitely use in my teaching career.  The rubric and track will be for me, but the wordle and story will be for the students.  The story will be great for my students because they can be creative and make up their own story.
     The NETS-T standards these assignments met are facilitating and inspiring student learning and creativity and designing and developing digital age learning experiences and assessments.  Wordle and the story were mainly based on being creative because I was able to design everything how I wanted.  The rubric was like an assessment because that is a tool a teacher can use to assess students.

To view my Wordle I created click here 
To view my Storybird click here  
To view my Trackstar click here 
To view my Rubric click here                        

No comments:

Post a Comment