Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Google Groups and Google Drive


     I learned how to create a google group and how to create a power point presentation using 

my gmail account. With the google group, I learned how to connect with a group of my peers. 

We connected by everyone in the group picking out a favorite chapter and writing about it, 

responding to each other’s posts about our favorite chapters, writing one story all together, and 

creating a power point to share with the group. I really did not have any trouble with this 

assignment.

      I really enjoyed creating the power point. I was unaware that I could create one
 
 through my gmail account. As a teacher, I think that all the gmail features will come in
 
handy for group projects. The reason I would have my students use gmail for group
 
projects is so that they could connect with one another and not have to be together to
 
do so. The gmail power point would be very convenient because some students may not
 
have access to Microsoft Office Power Point. All they would have to do is get an gmail
 
account.
 
     The NETS-T standards these assignments met are facilitating and inspiring student
 
learning and creativity, designing and developing digital age learning experiences and
 
assessments, promoting and modeling digital citizenship and responsibility, and engaging
 
in professional growth and leadership. Students are able to express their creativity
 
through doing the power point because they can pick out themes, pictures, colors, and
 
fonts. Number 4 c of NETS- T standards states promoting and modeling digital etiquette
 
and responsible social interactions related to the use of technology and information.
 
The features of gmail allows for educational interactions between the students.

To view my presentation click here

No comments:

Post a Comment