Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Web site


     I learned how to create a web page for my future classroom by using Google sites.  Within my web page I created a home page, course information, a personal page, and web resources.  The homepage contains a welcome message to my class, a list of things someone can find on my site, an explanation on how to explore the web site, and the best way to contact me.  The course information page has the course materials that are required for my class, course rules, and a homework schedule.  The personal page just tells about my background like where I am from, where I graduated, etc.  I also designed a web resources page that is comprised of websites that the students will be completing throughout the school year.  
     I did not encounter any problems while I was completing my website.  Everything I had to do in this assignment was pretty self-explanatory as I followed the directions.  I will use this assignment for my future teaching so that my students as well as their parents can access my web site.  As a teacher, the web site will be a great tool to use to be able to keep the parents of the students I teach informed of everything that is going on in the classroom.  I hope to also be able to post grades within my website so that the parents can monitor their children.  
     The NETS-T standards that met this assignment are designing and developing digital age learning experiences and assessments, promoting and modeling digital citizenship and responsibility, and engaging in professional growth and leadership.  By creating this web site, it is promoting and modeling digital etiquette and responsible interactions related to the use of technology.  The teacher can interact with the parents and students through this web site.  Also this website exhibits leadership by participating in shared decision making and community building, and also developing the leadership and technology skills of others.  The really neat aspect of having a teaching web page is that it really involves the community because they can see what is going on in the classroom.  Also as they get involved it is building their technology skills because they are navigating the website.
To view my web site click here              

No comments:

Post a Comment