Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Assistive Technology

     The Assistive Technology assignment taught me how to use tools on the computer that are made for students that have disabilities.  I explored accessibility features in Windows that included tools to help people who are hard of hearing, visually impaired, or who have mobility impairments.  The problem I encountered was when I used the Magnifier I had trouble getting it back to the normal computer screen.  My friend that sat next to me taught me how to set the screen back to the correct setting.  Also I had trouble with the Print Screen button because I was clicking it but I did not know where to find the actual screen capture.  I eventually figured out that it automatically took the screen shot and placed it in my gallery. 
     As a teacher I will need to be aware of how to use the Windows functions to make modifications for my students with disabilities.  The tools I mentioned will be very helpful to these students when they use the computer.  The NETS-T standards that go with this assignment are facilitating and inspiring student learning and creativity and promoting and modeling digital citizenship and responsibility.  This assignment addresses the diverse needs of all learners by providing equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resources.  The Windows functions allow every student to receive an equal opportunity to participate in using computers.                               


To view my Assistive Technology power point click here

No comments:

Post a Comment